Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Inheritance

Except for some family heirloom type bequests to his offspring, he left everything to me. I still find it hard to think of some things as mine rather than his, e.g. his iMac. 

However I am glad to have them. 

I decided not to sell the iMac. It has a great screen for watching any TV shows which I happen to miss on TV; also I like to play my music on it, rather than the laptop, which I work on. 

I took his files off it, transferring them to the laptop, because I did at first think of selling it. That was easy. Removing him as a user/admin was harder — not difficult to execute but difficult emotionally: so final. 

There are various things like that, which I have to remind myself that he no longer needs. Some were his, some were ours; it's hard to think of them as simply 'mine'.

But, had it been the other way about, apart from a few family bequests of my own I would have left him everything of mine. In fact, I did. We both made wills at the same time. I need to make a new one now.

3 comments:

  1. This Rosemary must be very hard, inheritance is still an issue for me but I'm working on it. I didn't save any picture for instance, but for years I wore his winter coat, too big for me and even a color I liked but strangly I needed it.
    Anyway. I will stop for today and go back to work.

    Wish you a lovely end of week, hope to see you on saturday ?

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished when it was too late that I had kept some of his pyjama jackets to wrap around me on cold nights!

      Not sure about Saturday. Probably not. My best friend is visiting from interstate this weekend. :)

      Delete
    2. Never mind Rosemary, I try to check your post anyway. Well, I don't know after all if it's a good idea, it didn't help me that much. The strange thing is that I hear my dad voice when I talk with him in my sleep but awake I can't remember it. Really strange. Anyway...I have to find your other blog link to see your answer about the reiki...

      Grace

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.